Wednesday 23.00hrs June 17th
Plague Tapes #49 comes to you the day after Bloomsday. So no going on the lash pretending that we’d all read the great Ulysses, and instead we bring you an hours worth of wonderful music, starting with Truth and ending with Baby Huey asking when this change is going to come.
News with Andrew talks about where R might be, the floated idea, like a turd in a bowl, of the pubs opening up to serving nine euro meals and making sure everyones out the door after 90 minutes, and the new government appear to be mirroring the Tories in the UK, with brining down the 2 meter requirement. Business and politics, hand in infected glove.
Love & Rage,
- Kamasi Washington –> Truth
- Duke Ellington –> Creol Love Call
- Funk Inc. –> Where Are We Going 
- The Cinematic Orchestra –> All That You Give feat. Fontella Bass
- Charles Mingus –> Self-portrait in three colours
- Stevie Wonder –> Big Brother
- Illdependents –> Move it on [This is Hazo I believe]
- Method Man –> Bring the Pain [Chemical Vocal]
- Dizzee Rascal –> Dreamin’
- Peanut Butter Wolfe –> Mobbin
- Parliament –> Together
- Peanut Butter Wolf –> Phonies (edit)
- Baby Huey –> A Changne is going to come
News with Andrew: Cases running below 15> but we hit a palteau, R is probably creeping back up to near 1.0, and the opening up has been speeded up, so that pubs that were supposed to open up at the end of august are opening up on the 29th, as restaurants, and they may even be getting rid of the 2 meter distancing, and that sounds like it could all go very badly wrong.
14. Underworld ~~> Blueski
If you like this why not check out Dr. Groove’s regular stuff…
Subscribe in iTunes
Like Dr Groove on Facebook
Dr Groove’s Mixes on Mixcloud