Sunday 29 Nov 14.00hrs
Plague Tapes #70
A Sunday like no other. That was last Sunday and yet here we are almost a full week later with the post euphoric bliss of seeing Cavan being crowned the kings of Ulster, pervades this show. A Bréifme love hangover, has really had an influence on the musical selections, starting with the melancholic summer nostalgia from the Sons of Southern Ulster, all the way through to The Impressions.
News: with Andrew
The only way to wrap your head around what is happening now, with the Goverment deciding on opening things back up again, inspite of cases bumping around 300 or so daily, is to recall the old phrase
‘ He who pays the piper, calls the tune.’
So NPHET – which has been backed by about 70% of people in the public opinon polls who back current restrictions, wrote a 32page letter, half of which is appendices to medical and scientific papers, and darwing on the negative experieince in Europe when they attempted to open up in early October, saying that we could not come out of this Level 5. The govenement wishes to ignore this expert group, so they commission Enrst & Young – and they even say it is unwise to open up restaurants, and then they go ahead and lift restrictions anyway. That is about the size of it. Andrew says this with the conviction of someone who follows the science and data, but that is essentially where we are at. This is what happens when you are led by donkeys.
So the message is stay safe and be sensible.
Love & Rage
- Sons of Souther Ulster —> McElearney Says
- Tom Waits ––> Dirt in the Ground
- Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man —> Tom the Model
- The Style Council —> You’re the best thing
- Isacc Hayes—> Our Day Will Come
- Smog —> Strayed
- Donna Summer —> Love Hangover
- Roy Ayers —> A Tear To A Smile
- Sarah Vaughan —> All The Things You Are
- Mombassa —> African Hustle
- Lee Scratch Perry & the Upsetters —> The Tackro
- Mantonix —> Mad (Aleeckea St. Hip Hop Formula)
- Rival Consoles —> Still Here
- The Impressions —> We’re a Winner
- Thin Lizzy —> Do Anything You Want to Do
NEWS – With Andrew: See above for more details. For those of you desperate to get out there into the shops we have….
16. Soccer96 —> Buy it (feat. Alabaster De Plume)