Originally posted 2013-06-28 19:00:46.
The Doctor returns from Body & Soul which took place in an enchanted forest near a castle where everything was a temporary autonomous zone wonderland ( except for the rain which came on hard and fast for two days and relented for the day trippers on Sunday). Some of the artists / producers which were there are in this show, like Pantha Du Prince and Jon Hopkins, and it triggered memories of festivals of years gone by when we used to just go to hang out with the crowds or revelers. Festivals are important element of Irish Culture, where you go into a field in summer, expect any kind of weather and cut loose regardless. There we buzz off each other as people, seeking new ways to cajole, laugh, ridicule, and joke with each other. Music, yeah that’s important but like many things, people make the festival. Body & Soul was a cracker.
Let it Flow is one of those songs from a long long time ago when two chancers danced together outside a burger van in the middle of a festival. Some dances live longer in the memory –
- Four Tet – 0181 (Excerpt)
- melodiesinfonine – J A $ $
- Pantha Du Prince – Lay In a Shimmer
- Radiohead – The Butcher
- Grimes – Genesis
- Sea Creatures – Soak (Ryan Vail Remix_FAF)
- Michael Franti – Oh My God
- Kimya Dawson – Same Shit / Complicated
- SNAKEHIPS – Make it
- Grover Washington Jr. – Let it flow (for Dr. J)
- Jon Hopkins – Light Through the Veins