Originally posted 2012-12-21 20:00:09.
Groove On The Wireless 15 Dr. Groove makes you a sandwich. Between two very brief Christmas songs, the doctor serves you swathes of hams, turkeys, and assorted aural vegetables that see us explore early Roxy, dead rats, the Stones, new machines and drums, and flowers. We end up with words from the little tramp that are worth listening too. Look it’s called Christmas and this is due to the success of that franchise. When you walk into McDonalds you don’t order the X Mac, so Happy Christmas one and all, let’s pretend we are in A Wonderful Life.
- Dean Martin – Let it Snow
- Gill Scott Heron – The Bottle
- Boards of Canada – Dayvan Cowboy
- The Rolling Stones – Can’t you hear me knocking
- Dead Rat Orchestra – The Geishin and the Guga
- Roxy Music – If there is something
- Machine Drum – U Don’t Survive
- Radiohead – Videotape
- Andrew Ashong & Theo Parrish – Flowers
- Ella Fitzgerald – God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen