Originally posted 2012-10-26 19:00:29.
GOTW7 Sweet no. 7 is reached and we find Dr. Groove chasing a scene, or more appropriately chasing the music in a scene. In [[Louie ]] season 3, Daddy’s Girlfriend Part 2, our hero finds himself on the roof of a tall building in New York with an unstable date, played by Parker Posey. In that scene there is great Jazz playing in the background. That’s our starting point and from that NY jazz blues we are off with Yuseff Leteef – Like it is. From there we are off on our flight over the twinkling lights of the megapolis, with eclectic sounds of electronic soul until we round it off back with a blues mayor, Gil Scott Heron. RIP.
- Yuseff Lateef – Like it is
- Peaking Lights – Dreambeat
- Beth Orton – Carmella [[Four Tet]] remix
- Cypress Hill – Interlude
- Sly Johnson – It is because I’m Black
- Deasey – The Summer Grind (D8) – Bassbin Sampler
- Alexander Tucker – Sitting in a Bardo Pond
- Robert Wyatt – At Last I’m Free
- Gil Scott Heron & Jamie XX – Ur Soul and Mine
- Battles / Yamataka Eye – Sundrome