Doctor returns. Last week you probably had a big hunk o’ d’blues since I ain’t been around, but we are back here, now and we are having an imagined film soundtrack called ‘Epilog to begin’
We start this show off with an imagined soundtrack which focusses on percussion or drummers, because that is the main part of the Birdman soundtrack as supplied by Antonio Sanchez – pictured below. We have an imagined movie of ten tracks and it’s all about the drumming and the rhythms, and then the movie ends.
Also this week the rediscovered classic from the vaults, from Dublin’s premier electronic outfit in days of yore, Decal. Two beautiful tracks from 404 not found.
It’s good to be back..
- Jack DeJohnette – Epilog
- Antonio Sanchez – Birdman (Alejandro González Iñárritu’s Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) – Night Chatter
- Janelle Monáe – Neon Valley Street
- Billy Cobham – Stratus
- Scott Brothers Orchestra – A Hunk O’Funk
- BADBADNOTGOOD – Can’t Leave The Night
- Decal – Carpenter
- Tom Waits – Sea of Love
- Clark – Strength Through Fragility
- Nicholas Jaar – Trace
- Thomas Prins – Apne Slusa
- Lee Bannon – perfect-division
- Benico Del Toro – Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Decal – Waiting (All Along)
- Sarah Vaughan – Stormy Weather (edit)
Subscribe in iTunes
Like Dr Groove on FB